Call : 0651-2214301,7667441761 (Vice Principal Office)

Infrastructure

College Building

Total area of the campus is 12.807 acres. Educational activities take place in four buildings namely Main building, B.Ed. and Humanities Building, Gym and Research Building and Vocational and Management Building. There are three separate blocks as boy’s hostel in the campus. Buildings consists of class rooms, offices, staff rooms, store rooms, Libraries, laboratories, a gym, computer labs, toilets, a studio, conference rooms, research centers, rooms for various clubs and societies. There is a central auditorium, carpentry and black smith sections, Xerox center, canteen facilities, football ground, basketball grounds, volley ball ground, indoor games in the campus.

Read more

Class Rooms

There are 79 class rooms of various sizes in the campus. Rooms are spacious and conducive for classes. They are surrounded by spacious verandahs to move and breathe freely. The class rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi facility and many rooms are equipped with projector facilities. There are staff-rooms and the Heads’ rooms amidst class rooms, which help in maintaining discipline in the buildings. There are also conference halls and special rooms for meetings and minor seminars.

Read more

Central Research Laboratory (CRL)

Excellence in teaching and research by Science Faculty need state-of-the-art sophisticated equipment and support facilities. In view of this, the college established a Central Research Laboratory (CRL) in 2010 to enable the faculty and students to achieve excellence in multidisciplinary research with industry relevance.

Read more

Library

St. Xavier’s College Central Library is one of the oldest college libraries of Ranchi. It started functioning in 1947. At present, the library holds 1,66,669 books and 105 national and international periodicals. Apart from online database provided by N-List, the library also holds e-journal and e-book database of renowned publishers such as Sage. The Central library is automated with library management software called “Alice for Window”. The web OPAC is fully functional. Apart from the Central Library there are department libraries managed by the respective department and a separate PG library with 5,750 books for postgraduate students.

Read more

Auditorium

There is a spacious and well equipped auditorium in the campus. It is equipped with sound system, projectors, spacious stage and comfortable chairs. It has also small balcony for emergency purpose. Various cultural activities, debates, gatherings, seminars, workshops and sessions are conducted for the stakeholders. It is fully air-conditioned.

Read more

Laboratory

There are highly equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Bio-Technology, Geology, Computer Science and Geography departments. There are 32 rooms allotted for various laboratories. Students’ are guided and motivated to learn things by observing and doing.

Read more

Language Lab

St. Xavier's College has highly equipped Language Labs with latest software for Language.

Read more

Tribal Research Centre (TRC)

St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi being an autonomous and minority institution for higher learning, decided to start the Tribal Research Centre (TRC) as a private enterprise in 2017. It works on the promotion of 5 tribal languages: Mundari, Santhali, Kurukh, Kharia and Ho. These are also called Adivasi / Indigenous Peoples languages. In this profile the word “Tribe” is used meaning the Adivasi / Indigenous Peoples languages mostly spoken in central India. The profile of TRC describes below the following: (1) Brief history of the centre, (2) Aims and Objectives, (3) Organizational Structure, (4) Profile of the Personnel, (5) Roles and responsibilities, (6) Association with other institutions and organizations and (7) Future prospects. Appendix -1 gives a list of Publications of TRC.

Read more

Dr. Fr. Camil Bulcke Research Centre

Dr. Fr. Camil Bulcke s.j. was a renowned Hindi Scholar. He was a Belgian Missionary in Chotanagpur. (Jharkhand). He was born on September 1, 1909. In October 1935 he came to India. On 21st November he was ordained a priest. From Allahabad University he did his M.A. in Hindi in 1947. In 1949 he did his D.Phil. From 1950 to 1977 he gave his services to St. Xavier’s College. He wrote English Hindi Dictionary. On March 23, 1874 he was awarded with Padma Bhushan by the Govenrment of India. He died on 11 August 1982. All through his life he stayed in Manresa House, Ranchi.

Read more